quinta-feira, 7 de fevereiro de 2013

Feature Article - Luíza Diniz


How can you recycle in a big building?


This article will talk about how you can recycle in a big building. First, I will tell you about me. I live in a big building and I have 16 years old. I and some other of my neighbors perceived that our building was producing a lot of garbage. So, we started recycling all the garbage. I know that some people can say that it’s only a drop in the ocean but I know that if this drop is a drop of oil it will certainly make a difference. I’m writing this article because I believe that when the people discover something they become curious about that and they want to do these. I hope that many people that are in the same situation as I was will try implement recycling in their buildings.

                Why recycle?

                The problem of the garbage is so much serious, because most things that go into our trash come from non-renewable sources, such as plastic. If we don’t recycle now, we don’t know what the future holds for our sons and grandsons will have. And if you only want to recycle, you can reuse the recyclable packaging that will go to your trash, to make things extremely useful.

            How can we recycle?

            To implement the recycling, first you need two bins, one for recyclable waste and other for organic waste. Then, you need to know about the local recycling service. Last, you need to talk with your neighbors to encourage them to recycle and to inform them about how to recycle.
            In my building, after we bought two bins, we talked with the local recycle service to know more about their service. Three times on week, they go to people houses or buildings to retract the recycling garbage. Then they lead it to the tank where separates plastic, paper, metal and glass. Last, the garbage will go to really recycle where they get the raw material again.
            When we talked with our neighbors, much of them don’t like of the new idea. But, with the time and the talk, they accepted our idea and started collaborate with the project.

                The benefits of recycling

              If all your neighbors collaborate, you will do something good to Earth and you can still win a little money, because when you sell the garbage, they give you a little money. This money can go to a reserve fund for the building, and subsequently make improvements.
            This is my suggestion so we can build a better world.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário